Heading towards retirement and with a job change in his immediate future, Ray is leaning towards fulfilling a long-time request of us by homeschooling families: Starting a “school” in our home (as an extension of your homeschool) that takes 3.5 hours a day to do all academic teaching and instruction.
Please read on if you….
~Want your kids home with the family flexibility of homeschooling but are overwhelmed with all of the daily teaching, record keeping, grading, and prodding (smile…)
~Love the flexibility and freedom for afternoon homeschool activities but need to do other things (i.e. toddlers and preschoolers, work, caring for aging parents, home business, etc.) during the mornings
~Wish you could have all of the benefits of homeschooling without being the “bad guy” to make your students complete all of their work each day
~Desire to have someone who has homeschooled for 32 years and has taught/overseen subjects for over 2,000 students do the academics of homeschooling for you
~Want to have your students led, taught, and kept accountable by a wise, godly man who has already done this successfully with his own seven children
Character Ink Half-Day Homeschool Will Offer the Following:
- Small group classes, block teaching, daily class meetings, one-on-one tutoring, and independent studies all in our home four mornings a week (Tuesday-Friday 8:30-12:00)
- Responsible for teaching, assigning, overseeing, grading, and record keeping for ALL academic subjects for 2nd-12th grade students
- 180 days of instruction (and record keeping and accountability) (e-learning will be utilized for inclement weather)
- Daily lesson plans, checksheets, and accountability (that Mr. Ray checks–not you!)
- Curriculum found and laid out for each subject (in the form of daily checksheets)
- Math, language arts, and reading taught by/planned by specialists in these areas (All academics will be covered in various tutoring sessions, block teaching, independent learning, etc.)
- Grading sheets every 9 weeks for all high school subjects and major subjects for 2nd-8th grades
- Thorough, safe, and fun environment to learn
Tentatively 2nd week of August through the end of May with Christmas and spring breaks (will work around already-scheduled trips for families enrolling)
-Junior High through High Schoolers take up to two classes at First Assembly in FW from CI teachers as part of Half Day tuition and book fees (See example at end for what this could look like.)
-More than two classes at First Assembly will be billed separately
-Elementary students may take middle school speech and science at First Assembly or will work at home on Mondays (See complete Character Ink Cottage Class Schedule.)
-8:30-12:00 at Reishes’ home in SW Fort Wayne
Student 1-1 review meetings with Ray 12:00-12:30 (alternating students)
1) Have students in class daily on time (Tuesday-Friday mornings)
2) Provide time in afternoon or evening for older students to complete a subject or two if needed
3) Read daily with elementary students (in addition to their daily reading lessons here)
4) Provide a final transcript for your student from your own private school (We will help with this.)
5) Send morning snack and drink with your student (lunch time will not be included in the schedule since we will release at noon).
6) Pay monthly tuition the first week of each month.
7) Pay for curriculum (consumables, book rentals, and lab fees) up to $400 per year per student upon enrollment.
SAMPLE Breakdowns With Monday or Tuesday Cottage Classes
Elementary– Home on Mondays; all academics taught in blocks, daily meetings, and independent study on Tuesday through Friday mornings
Middle School– Middle school speech and Junior High Science at First Assembly on Mondays and followed up each day; remaining academics taught in blocks, daily meetings, and independent study on Tuesday through Friday mornings (See newest Monday class schedule here!)
High School– Science (biology, chemistry, or physics) and Spanish at First Assembly on Mondays and followed up each day; remaining academics taught in blocks, daily meetings, and independent study on Tuesday through Friday mornings
If this interests you, please call ASAP to discuss as we are looking for immediate feedback–fall school will be here soon!
...and download my Kid's Faves list plus get access to my language arts freebies!