This Week’s Video Topics!
Previous Topics—Go to Donna’s FB to Watch These!
I like Nixon very much,
I like McGovern too.
But if I had a chance to vote,
I don’t know what I’d do.
First, I think I’d panic,
Then I’d stand and shout:
“Doesn’t anybody know
What this election’s all about?”
I just hope whoever wins
Can stop this awful war.
Because I want my chance to vote
*In honor of President’s Day, I am sharing my first “published” poem. It was chosen for me to read over the PA system in my elementary school during the election when I was in fourth grade! My kids think it’s hysterical that I can still recite it!
With the partial-birth abortion ruling, our grown children had a lot to ponder and share. They know that a baby is a baby early on–not just because we told them forever or they learned it through their homeschool teaching, but because they experienced it first hand at young ages. Here is one daughter’s latest FB post–and her view of our stillborn baby when Cami was only eleven years old. Feel free to share with others.
We are expanding our private tutoring and small summer classes at Character Ink! We have more availability now–and in five subject areas:
1) Writing–sentence, paragraph, report, essay, story writing; all levels; Directed Writing Approach to get non-writers writing immediately! Taught by a writing curriculum author of over 100 books totaling over 50,000 pages!
2) Math–from elementary through twelfth grade….your curriculum or one of our choice; remedial, brush up, SAT prep, and more. Taught by a math professional (former CPA and CMA).
3) Reading–from first grade and up; phonics, reading comprehension, reaching reading fluency, and more. Taught by curriculum author, elementary education degree and master’s work in Reading Specialist.
4) Grammar/Usage–taught in conjunction with writing or alone; parts of speech; punctuation; editing; spelling/structural analysis; and more. Taught by curriculum author and experienced teacher of over 100 students each year in grammar and writing for over 20 years.
5) Science–elementary through high school–basic science, earth science, physics, biology, advanced biology, chemistry; taught by experienced science teacher who has taught all of these subjects to many small groups for over 15 years and is a math professional.
There are five influences that we have found in determining priorities in life. Obviously, there are more impacts than these; however, these are the five that have guided us through the years. Like everything else we have learned and applied in our lives, these were learned from others (especially through Gregg Harris Seasons of Life seminar)—for which we will be eternally grateful.
We have had technical difficulties with this week’s Wondering Wednesday, so we need to re-record it. So sorry!
In the meantime, please enjoy one of our past Wondering Wednesday episodes that pertains to your specific needs today.
Thanks for your understanding!
Love and hope,