A simple candy (though the dipping process is best done by older kids or adults or you’ll have peanut butter balls floating in your melted chocolate!) that most people love. I’m always amazed how quickly we run out of these in spite of the large amount it seems we make on candy days.
1 (18 oz.) jar creamy peanut butter
2 sticks (1 cup) butter
5 cups powdered sugar
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Mix peanut butter, powdered sugar, and butter in mixing bowl until well blended.
2. Add more peanut butter or powdered sugar if mixture is too moist or too crumbly.
3. Chill until firm.
4. Roll into small balls and place on wax paper.
5. Melt chocolate chips in large glass measure at 70% power for three minutes, stirring every one minute or so until melted and creamy.
6. Dip each ball with toothpick or candy dipper into chocolate. Leave top part of ball undipped.
7. Makes around 100 balls.
8. Let set up on foil pieces until firm (usually a few hours if doing it at room temperature).
...and download my Kid's Faves list plus get access to my language arts freebies!