These are better than your average peanut butter cookie. We prefer the milk chocolate taste of stars on them rather than kisses. These go quickly on holiday trays.
Pin this post!
5 ¼ cups flour 1 ½ cups peanut butter
3 tsp soda 3 eggs
1 ½ tsp salt 6 TBSP milk
1 ½ cups sugar 3 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups brown sugar, packed 3 pkgs Hershey’s kisses or stars
1 ½ cups shortening/butter (we use ½ Crisco and half real butter)
1. Cream butter, shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar.
2. Whisk eggs.
3. Mix milk, eggs, and vanilla in separate bowl.
4. Pour milk mixture into creamed mixture, and mix.
5. Combine remaining ingredients (except kisses) in another mixing bowl.
6. Add to mixing ingredients until well blended.
7. Shape dough into balls, using a rounded teaspoon for each.
8. Roll balls in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
9. Bake for 8-11 minutes convection; 10-13 regular.
10. Top each cookie immediately with a kiss, pressing down firmly so cookie cracks around the edge.