My personal favorite holiday treat—the more walnuts, the better. This is a very simple fudge recipe that truly is no-fail.
8 cups sugar
½ lb butter (2 sticks)
2 – (7 oz) jars marshmallow cream
2 cups chopped nuts
2 – 12 oz cans evaporated milk
2 – 12 oz packages chocolate chips (4 cups)
1. Melt butter in large heavy sauce pan.
2. Stir in milk and sugar.
3. Bring to full rolling boil, stirring constantly to prevent scorching (on medium to medium high heat). (Bring to softball stage; 235’.)
4. Remove from heat, and stir in chocolate chips until melted.
5. Add marshmallow cream and nuts, stirring until well blended.
6. Pour into two 9 x 13 greased baking dishes.
7. Cool at room temp.
8. Makes approximately 6 lbs.
Pin this post!
...and download my Kid's Faves list plus get access to my language arts freebies!